Did You Find a Lost Cat or Dog?
Here are some methods I have found effective for reuniting the animal with their family!
1. Check for collar and tag, if none are on the animal, then take it to your closest vet and ask them to scan for a microchip.
2. Bring the animal back to your house and place in a secure location so it is safe while you are finding the owners.
3. If you live in a community with a Home Owners Association, send a email blast to the neighborhood!!
4. Immediately make a FOUND poster and make copies of it. Try to laminate it with tape or a plastic sleeve so it doesn’t get wet when it rains. Then go out and place it at the entrances to all of the surrounding subdivisions, traffic light or stop sign intersections, nearby businesses. Try to think strategically on where the animal may have come from and put posters in those areas.
5. Contact the county animal control and ask them to run the pet description against the LOST animal files. Make sure to file a Found report so they can hopefully contact you back if an owner calls in after you.